Use this procedure to move a payment that does not belong to your store to the correct, designated main A/R store.
- Select Payment Processing Apply Account Payments.
The Unapplied Payments screen is displayed. View field definitions.
|Date||Date payment was made.|
Major Number/Major Name
Major account number and name.
|Customer Number/Customer Name||Reference number assigned to customer and the name of individual department or person responsible for payment.|
|Source||Where payment was made, e.g., LB = Lockbox, POS = Cash Register.|
|Payment #||Check number of the payment. Click on the number in this field to view the face of the check image.|
|Payment Date||Date of the check used to make the payment.|
|Original Payment||Dollar amount of the check.|
|Applied Amount||Dollar amount of the check that was applied to the bill.|
|Unapplied Amount||Outstanding amount that has not been applied.|
|A payment that was applied was then unapplied.|
|Age||Number of days from today, the payment was received from the POS register or the bank.|
|Auto Bill||Not used.|
|Payment Adjustment Options|
Select an adjustment type:
- Locate the payment to transfer.
- In the Payment Adjustment Optionscolumn, select Move a Payment to Another Store.
- In the To Store Number table, type the:
- or -
Click Select Store to search for the store. Click the store number to select the store from the list.
- Type the Amount of the payment to move.
- Repeat steps 3-4 to apply payment(s) to additional stores.
- To add supporting documentation or records for reference, click Browse, and select the file(s) to attach.
- In the Comments section, click Add New and type any additional information pertaining to the payment.
- Click Save.
- Click OK.