Sell an Item
- Access the Sell Item screen.
Type the customer’s 10-digit mobile phone number (no dashes) into the Enter customer's Phone Number field and select Next/Enter.
Phone tagging is the process in which mobile phone numbers are collected and linked to the transaction. If the customer loses their receipt, the phone number can be used to retrieve the transaction through the Search►Transaction Search menu and process a return. Transactions with activated digital books cannot be retrieved using this method.
Note: Marketing messages are currently disabled, so providing a phone number only links the information to the transaction. Therefore, do not select Yes after typing the customer phone number.
Select Next/Enter to bypass the field.
Scan the barcode SKU and select Next/Enter.
The item is added to the list. The transaction totals on the Sell Item screen are updated.
Repeat step 3 until all items in the transaction are included.
When all items have been entered, select Tender.
Refer to the Tendering a Transaction topics for more information.
- Select the receipt option - Print, Email, or Print and Email.
- Important: Always ask the customer first for their email to generate an email receipt.
- Select Print and Email for text rental transactions to obtain signature for text rental terms and conditions.
- If the account contact requires a copy of a signed receipt to support billing, select Print and Email for A/R transactions.
- For email receipts, direct the customer to enter their email address at the PIN Pad when prompted.
Validate the email address entered with the customer, then select Next to complete the transaction. If necessary, you can edit the email information before proceeding.
- If the transaction is less than $10.00, a Do Not Print button also displays and you have the option to not print the receipt.
(If you select the Do Not Print button in error, a receipt can always be re-printed.)
- See the CORE POS Receipts topic for complete details on all receipt options.
Program the Scanner
To program or reset a scanner, access the Scanner Programming Sheet file saved to the desktop or click the link.
Transaction Quantity Exceeds 2000
An alert displays once the transaction quantity total has exceeded 2000. A hard stop in CORE POS prevents adding additional quantities to the transaction.
Select Enter to continue.