Start of Day
Open the Store in CORE POS
Opening the store includes defining the business date, and opening registers and tills. The store must be open for team members to be able to perform transactions. When you open CORE POS, you open the store in CORE POS Back Office.
Note: Refer to the Offline Store Operations topic to open the store and the register through the POS Daily Ops menu if your server is offline. See also the POS System Outages topic for additional details or the CORE POS Offsite Process topic for offsite events.
Use the following procedures to open the store in CORE POS Back Office:
The Start of Day function must be performed before registers and tills can be opened. If the store is already open, you are not allowed to run the start of day operation.
- In the Back Office, select the Store Ops tab.
- Select the Start of Day left navigation link.
- Confirm the new business date and select Next.
Note: If the date is not correct, enter the correct business date.
An error message displays stating: The entered business date is later than the default business date. Select No and proceed with the current business date.
The Operating Fund Count screen displays.
- Review the amount in bold red. The Cash Amount is auto-populated with the previews safe count.
Select Yes to accept the amount or select No to re-enter.
Note: If necessary, change the amount. This amount is stored as the Start of Day (SOD) balance.
- Click Next/Enter.
Once the system accepts the amount, the store is successfully opened and you can continue with opening the registers and tills.
A register must be opened before a till can be assigned to it. After the store is opened, registers can be opened throughout the day.
- In the Back Office, click the Store Ops sub-tab.
- Click the Register sub-tab.
- Verify the Open Registers left navigation link is highlighted.
The Register Open screen displays. For each register, the register number and current status of the register displays.
Note: Registers are numbered in the 800 series.
- Select the registers to open by selecting the check box next to each register number or click the Select All button to select all the registers shown on the screen.
- To open the selected registers, click Open.
The register status changes to Open.
- To view more registers, select a page number link at the bottom of the screen.
- To open more registers, repeat Steps 4 and 5.
A register must be open before the till can be opened. You can open a till in Back Office or at the POS.
In CORE POS :
- Select the Store Ops tab.
- Select the Till sub-tab.
- Verify the Open Till left navigation link is highlighted.
The Till Open Screen displays.
- Enter the register ID, till ID, and operator ID for the till to be opened.
Note: The till ID can be up to five numbers, no letters or special characters. (See the CORE POS Offsite Process topic for till # ranges specific to offsite events.)
The Operator ID is the user opening the till. This field tracks who opened the till. Cashiers using the till are tracked and managed through the till sharing process.
- Select Next.
The Till XXX was opened successfully screen displays.
You are now ready to access CORE POS on the register and enter a till loan.
Follow the directions in the Open the Till topic to open the till, if necessary, and enter the till loan at the CORE POS register.