Use this procedure to move a charge or return transaction from one customer account to another.
- From the main menu, select Adjustment Initiate New Adjustment.
- Select Move a Charge/Return to Correct Customer Account.
- In the From Customer Number row, click Select Customer to select the customer that you want to move the transaction from. Tell me how...
Type the Customer Number and press Tab.
The customer name and account information appear.
- Repeat step 3 in the To Customer Number row to display the customer that you want to move the transaction to.
- Click Trans Lookup, to select the transaction.
- Click Add.
The account transaction information appears. View field definitions.
|Trans Date||Date of the transaction.|
|POS Trans#||Number assigned to the transaction in POS.|
|Trans Type||Type of transaction.|
|Orig Amount||Original transaction amount.|
|Pay Amount||Amount of payment applied to the transaction.|
|Notes||Comment added to the account.|
|From Customer Name||On the customer account you are moving the transaction from: original customer balance minus the transaction you are moving and the balance after the move.|
|To Customer Name||On the customer account you are moving the transaction to: original customer balance plus the transaction you are moving and the balance after the move.|
- Click Choose Fileto attach supporting documentation.
- To add a comment, click Add New. Tell me how...
- Verify that the total adjustments and the customer balances after the move are correct.
- Click Save.
- Click OK.